Innovative new sweetener from NoMU Brands
Cape Town’s classy NoMU Brands has ventured into some new on-trend territory with the launch of SWEETLY, a low kilojoule granulated sugar substitute with a seemingly new formulation on SA shelves.
“It represents a completely new approach to sugar replacement, offering an entirely plant-based sweetener,” comments NoMU director, Paul Raphaely.
“We have formulated an innovative blend of non-nutritive sweeteners and flavouring for a delicious, sweet taste – with no bitter aftertaste – and golden colour, and which has a huge range of other benefits.”
- A blend of erythritol, inulin, steviol glycosides and flavouring, SWEETLY is recommended for consumers who want to reduce or monitor their sugar / kilojoule intake without compromising on delicious, sweet flavour.
- One stick or teaspoon of SWEETLY (4.5 g) is equal in sweetness to one teaspoon of regular granulated sugar (5 g).
- One stick or teaspoon of SWEETLY contains only five kilojoules compared to 80 kilojoules for one teaspoon of regular granulated sugar.
- SWEETLY has a minimal effect on blood glucose levels. It’s endorsed by Diabetes South Africa and carries the DSA logo. SWEETLY is also fully kosher and halaal.
- SWEETLY is tested and approved as a Low GI product. It carries the GI Foundation SA green Frequent Foods logo, giving customers the confidence to consume the product in their daily lifestyle.
- Maintains its sweetness when added to hot beverages or food.
- SWEETLY is tooth-friendly, ie doesn’t contribute towards tooth decay.
- SWEETLY is currently available in 400g pouch at an online rate of R134.95, or in 36 x 4.5 g sachet box for R75.95.