Euromonitor lists Top 10 Global Consumer Trends for 2017
Euromonitor International has released its annual “Top 10 Global Consumer Trends for 2017” report, which analyses the trends that will shape the consumer landscape this year. Authenticity and personalisation are key attributes to customers.
2016 was defined by uncertainty with growth in global consumer expenditure slowing to 2.4% in real terms – the lowest rate of growth since the financial crisis.
“Consumers are now more demanding of products, services and brands than ever before and are using digital tools to articulate and fulfill; their needs. They want authenticity in what they buy and expect elements of personalization in mass produced as well as upscale items,” said author, Daphne Kasriel-Alexander, consumer trends consultant at Euromonitor International.
The 2017 top-10 global consumer trends include:
- Ageing – A changing narrative: Transforming what it means to be older
- Consumers in training: Giving children more decision-making power
- Extraordinary: Expanding the mass to accommodate needs of a larger consumer base
- Faster shopping: Speeding up business models to provide the rapid convenience consumers demand
- Get real – The allure of authenticity: Exploring the increased desire for “real,” “genuine” and “natural”
- Identity in flux: Consumers looking for their identity in a post-gender world
- Personalise it: Shifting from “having to being” with customised products and experiences
- Post-purchase: Beyond fulfilling to predicting
- Privacy and security: Personal safety and the allure of home and mobile cocooning
- Wellness as a status symbol: Looking wellness-ready and the rise of boutique health
To download the free report: http://go.euromonitor.com/white-paper-2017-top-10-global-consumer-trends-
Trackback from your site.552 Views