12 things you can do with Coca-Cola besides drink it
Coca-Cola is a lot more useful than the world’s most popular refreshing drink: the carbonated candy can be used for a lot more than just drinking. Here are 12 things you didn’t know you could do with Coke.
1. Remove blood stains
Got some blood on your favourite tee? Sprinkle a can of Coke in with your regular laundry detergent and water, and wait for magic to happen.
2. Take rust offNeed to clean up a rusty bumper or bicycle wheel? Pour some Coke on it. The trace amounts of phosphoric acid are enough to corrode rust and keep your bike spokes and bumper looking like new. Pro-tip: Use tin foil to rub the Coke into the rust and watch it disappear, because science is goddamn voodoo wizardry.
3. Degrease cookwareWhen hot soapy water just won’t cut it, soak those stubborn grease spots and charred leftover mishaps in some Coke and let it sit for a half hour or so. Or stick to takeout. Whatever.
4. Fix your car batteryWhen a car won’t start without any low-battery warnings or cold weather, there’s a good chance you have a dirty battery terminal. The acidity of Coca-Cola is just enough to clean the oxidised terminals and give your ride the juice it needs to get you where you’re going. It won’t bring a battery back from the dead, but it may save you an expensive trip to the parts store.
5. Make an actual battery
6. Loosen stuck bolts
7. Get gum out of your hairThe ingredients in the Coke will break down the gum and hopefully save you an emergency barber-shop stop. It also works great for gum stuck on shoes!
8. Neutralise bug bites and stingsNext time you find yourself on the wrong side of a bee’s stinger (or jellyfish’s tentacle!) pour some Coke on the bite/sting to neutralise the pain.
9. Clean your windows and mirrorsThose delicious acids found in this bubbly wonder work incredibly well on grimed up windows and mirrors. Just rinse it off with water so no sticky residue gets left behind.
10. Clean your toiletMan, this stuff is great. If you run out of toilet cleaner, a can of Coke will work wonders on your throne. Literally just dump a can in your can, let it sit for about an hour, give it a good scrub, and voila!
11. Polish old jewelry
If you want to breathe new life into your old jewelry or de-gunk the treasure in your coin purse, dip your precious metals in a glass of Coke and let them sit overnight. Give them a light scrub the next morning with an old rag and they’ll look like new.
12. Clean grease stains off your driveway
If that old clunker of yours is doing a number on your once-pristine driveway, Coke is a great alternative to a complete re-pave. Drown the affected spot with the syrupy nectar of the Gods and let it sit for a full 24 hours. Take a hose to it (preferably a power washer), and watch the grime, gunk, and grease melt away.
Supercompressor: Read the full article
Trackback from your site.235 Views