04 Apr 21 SAAFFI seminar 2021! Great programme for this (virtual) annual event
The 2021 annual SAAFFI seminar themed “Save the Planet – WAKE UP, GROW UP, SPEAK UP!”, aims to highlight the initiatives in the flavour, fragrance and related sectors that are influencing thought and practice in environmental awareness and sustainability.
The virtual seminar will be held over 2 days – Tuesday, 20 April and Wednesday, 21 April – and has a programme packed with exciting offerings.
Sharon Bolel, assistant executive director of SAAFFI comments: “The online conferencing package we are using is a sophisticated platform that more-than replicates a live convention! We are excited at the prospect of using ground-breaking technology partners to introduce our delegates to a new and exciting world of online events.”
Bolel continues: “The amazing organising committee has been creative in putting together a programme which incorporates world-class speakers, an interactive workshop (for which the SAAFFI seminar has become renowned!) and a brilliant set-up to facilitate networking and meetings.”
Flavour and fragrance trends presentations are always a highlight of the SAAFFI event and this year the topic will be presented with the interesting additional angle of the effect of changed consumer behaviours due to Corona.
- Prof Nick Binedell, Strategy Professor at GIBS Business School, will present a keynote closing address on economic implications for South Africa resulting from the pandemic, and ideas thinking forward, of strategies to deal with these effects.
- The growing interest in plant-based foods and the impact on product concept and development is sure to be of interest to the broader food industry. Neil Taylor, COO at Infinite Foods, will share some insights from the “inside” of this community.
- Much has been said about recyclable and refillable packaging as a step towards “saving the planet”. Dom Moleto of the Refillery, will lead delegates on a journey through the refill revolution.
- Other confirmed presentations, all on topics which are a good fit with the theme, include “Bees – what is the buzz in SA?” and “Waste Pickers – is their lifestyle a load of garbage?”
- International speakers include Maxime Marchal, Sustainability Project Manager for IFRA and IOFI, as well as Public Affairs Manager at IOFI, and Dr Berangere Magarinos-Rouchat, Chief Sustainability Officer, Firmenich.
“The SAAFFI 19th annual seminar is an industry event which offers so much for so many. Those who attend are sure to take away added skills, useful information, and a solid dose of career-oriented motivation. An event not to be missed by any serious professional. There is even the promise of a jam-packed goody bag for the first 250 registered delegates!” adds Bolel.
SAAFFI, the South African Association of the Flavour & Fragrance Industry, represents all aspects of the flavour, fragrance and allied industries. It unites the industry across non-competitive issues, freeing up individual organisations to grow their business.