Wanted! Spray Drying and Blending Engineer
Applications are invited for this vacancy, SECTION HEAD: MANUFACTURING (Spray Drying and Blending), that exists in our Manufacturing Department at the Clayville Nutritionals Facility, in Clayville, Gauteng.
Purpose of Position:
Manage and lead the production/processing teams and shifts in Spray Drying and Powder Blending sections, reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
- Matric/Grade 12/N3 or equivalent.
- National Diploma or B Tech Degree in Production/Operations/Engineering/Food Technology/Dairy Technology or Commercial Management.
- Supervisory or management certificate/diploma/degree would be an advantage.
- Must have minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant management experience within a Dairy/Infant Milk Formula/Powdered Milk/ Spray Drying/Powder blend manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work shifts.
- Manage and supervise the manufacturing of products.
- Monitor the execution of production plans and take corrective measures where necessary.
- Ensure that contingency plans are developed and implemented.
- Draft shift and overtime rosters.
- Conduct pre-shift and handover meetings.
- Plan changeovers with relevant engineering personnel.
- Check machines, work stations, scales and cleanliness.
- Check machines during production process.
- Ensure that teams update production score boards daily.
- Manage and ensure departmental compliance SHE, HR, GMP and HACCP responsibilities, audits and activities.
- Plan, lead, allocate and manage departmental activities, resources and tasks in accordance with agreed budgets, service/delivery targets and daily/weekly/monthly plans.
- Manage departmental absenteeism.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans and actions.
- Control all inventory in areas of responsibility and ensure cycle counts/stock stakes meet control requirements.
- Meet targets on yields and write offs.
- Ensure daily departmental targets and efficiencies are met.
- Accept responsibility for the discipline and performance management of the manufacturing team.
Key Behavioural Dimensions and Skills:
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Good time management & snalytical skills
- Customer focus
- Good computer literacy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Pro-active and the ability to take own initiative
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Technical knowledge of dairy/food processing, blending and spray drying
Our offer: We offer a competitive salary with benefits such as medical aid, provident fund and insurance.
Clayville Nutritionals subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and may make decisions in line with this ethos.
Applications: Send CVs to Johan Coertze, Operations Manager: email@example.com before end of June 2020.