Wanted! Lead Manager, Speciality Foods, Cape Town
A well-known and established food company is seeking a Technical Business Manager to lead their speciality foods division.
Tertiary qualification in Food Science or Food Technology, with MBA advantageous.
Minimum of 8-10 years in commercial, sales/business development roles in the food industry. Previous experience in management of a department is critical, as is business development & knowledge in technical ingredients in food application in poultry, spices, HMR, baking & confectionery.
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Market related CTC, based on experience.
Description: This is a multifaceted role that involves various aspects of the business and reports into senior management.
- Working with managers to assist in developing business across markets within the home meal replacement sector.
- Building & maintaining relationships with national key accounts in SA.
- Overseeing the division’s food scientists, sales reps, regional managers and chefs.
- Accountable for volume forecasts and increasing sales volumes by sound business planning, pricing, costing and effective negotiating is all integral to the role.
- The role is based in Cape Town, within various work environments including offices, food laboratories, factories and client sites.
- Extensive travel to customers, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate:
Will be a young, experienced, dynamic individual, residing in Cape Town, with management experience and previously demonstrated success in the commercial food technology/sales sector.
Must be motivated and driven to succeed, with great people and communication skills to build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in Food Science / Food Technology.
- MBA / Business development qualification advantageous.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in technical ingredients food application, commercial & sales.
- Previous experience managing a relevant department.
- Business development, budgeting & costing experience.
- Poultry, snack dusting, home meal replacement, baking & confectionery experience.
- Manufacturing/FMCG experience advantageous.
- Flexible, adaptable, creative & innovative.
- A passion for building strong relationships.
- Valid driver’s license and own transport essential.
- Excellent communicator.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/Luma_LC468
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted264 Views