24 May 22 WANTED! Innovation and Technical Manager, Cape Town
Do you have 10 – 15 years’ experience in the commercial confectionery and/or bakery environments? Are you looking for an opportunity to really make a difference in a business?
This exciting role, reporting directly to the Managing Director, will give you full scope to take an already solid product offering to another level of excellence.
The Leo Foods Bakery is situated in Westlake Business Park in Cape Town. We take pride in baking all our products by hand using simple, quality ingredients and traditional Italian baking methods. We bake a range of biscuits, cakes, tarts and desserts for high end business environments like restaurants, cafés, retailers as well as everyday consumers.
About the role?
This strategic, senior role will develop and improve product, process, and systems at Leo Foods, including their implementation and maintenance throughout the facility. The focus will be the following:
• Product development and improvement.
• Production processes.
• Food Safety System.
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving product and process challenges as they arise.
• First point of contact with customers regarding all projects and product queries.
Qualifications, skills & experience?
• BSc Food Science or other relevant science-related degree.
• 10 – 15 years’ experience in the commercial confectionery and/or bakery environments.
• Managing product development and improvement projects, including sourcing new ingredients, kitchen trials to implementation in production, packaging, labelling legislation.
• Developing and implementing production process improvements e.g., method, equipment used etc to make production simpler, better, faster.
• Managing a documented Food Safety System like HACCP (at least).
• Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving product and process challenges as they arise.
• Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team.Experience training and implementing the above-mentioned concepts in a factory setting.
• Experience working with and presenting to senior level customers regarding innovation and technical projects.
We are looking for an organised, strategic thinker who can take an idea from concept to reality in a food factory environment whilst maintaining product excellence.
• Car and valid driver’s licence.
• All foreign applicants must have valid permit to work in SA.
• Proficient in working in Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word, power point).
Market-related salary, to be negotiated based on work experience.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Please ensure that your fulfill all of the must-have CV requirements. Applications close 15 June 2022.
You will be contacted via email should we wish to interview you. Should you not hear back from us two weeks after you have sent us your CV please consider your application unsuccessful.