Wanted! Food R&D Technologist – Bakery
Chateau Gateaux, Durban-based producer of fine, handcrafted gateaux and desserts, is in search of a food technologist to play an important R&D and QA role.
Purpose of the job:
- Support the supply chain & R&D director and assist in product development and production scale-up, along with daily execution of R&D-related activities.
- Evaluation of current and alternative food ingredients.
- Create product recipes and conduct sensory evaluation of new food products/RMs to ensure they meet quality/cost standards.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure resolution of technical production problems.
- Provide periodical assistance to QA team on food safety, quality, storage, shelf life, packaging, labelling, and processing in line with government regulations and industry standards.
- Play a key role in the development of new innovations; working as a member of a research unit with the Pastry Chef and provide New Product Launch and QA teams with analyses, tests and insights.
- Bachelors’ degree in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in food manufacturing, with a minimum of 3-5 years specialising in R&D (commercial baking/confectionery).
- ISO 22000/FSSE 22000/HACCP knowledge would be an advantage.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Drivers licence and own vehicle.
Knowledge & skills:
- Experience in product development from ideation to launch.
- Experience in product costing.
- Ability to lead a team by inspiring, influencing and persuading.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Technical food safety knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing and present to a team.
Applications: Send CV to Neli Shangase, Human Resources Manager, Nelisiwe@chateaugateaux.co.za
Application deadline: 25 January 2019302 Views