03 Jun 10 Denny’s new Soups of the Day
Denny’s brand promise is the production of nutritious and convenient meals for consumers – the latest launch in this mould is its new range of pouch-packaged, ready-to-eat Soup of the Day range.
The new Soup of the Day range offers six new variants, including:
- Butternut & Coconut a rich blend of butternut, spices and coconut cream, seasoned with fragrant coriander.
- Sundried Tomato – A delicious blend of sundried tomatoes and fresh cream combined with a medley of Mediterranean herbs.
- Tuscan Bean & Vegetable – A hearty, Tuscan-style vegetable soup made with Italian tomatoes, beans, pasta shells and fragrant basil.
- Chicken & Sweetcorn – A creamy, home-style chicken and sweetcorn soup seasoned with a hint of aromatic rosemary and thyme.
- Mushroom & Black Pepper – A rich mushroom soup made with fresh cream and seasoned with aromatic herbs and a hint of cracked black pepper.
- Lamb & Butternut Soup – A rich lamb and butternut soup made with tomatoes, chickpeas and spices.
Some of the soups in the range are low fat while the entire range contains no added preservatives, MSG, artificial colourants or flavourants. They have a shelf life of 12 months.
“In understanding that today’s consumers are busy people, Denny has ensured that the preparation time is minimal, giving a fresh and delicious soup that can be microwaved in less than five minutes, a perfect and quick-eating companion for those dark winter nights,” says Sharon Reid, marketing manager of Dining In.
“The new Denny Soup of the Day range was developed to continue on the success of the Denny Canned Soups, offering consumers a wholesome meal that is easy and quick to prepare and offering more choice and versatility without all the unnecessary fuss of preparing a soup from scratch. The new packaging was designed by Contrast Design who was briefed to give a sophisticated design that not only entices the consumer to buy the product, but to also purchase into a new culinary lifestyle,” adds Reid.
The new Soup of the Day range is packed into a 600g contemporary doy pouch and comes in a 10 x 600g case configuration for retailers.
Included on the packaging are Denny’s unique health indicator icons that illustrate low fat, no additives, allergy advice, vegetarian and microwavable contents, offering consumers easy identification of information.
Denny Soup of the Day is available in selected retail stores nationwide from June 2010, retailing for R19,99 each.