09 May 17 Exciting speaker line-up taking shape for SAAFoST Congress 2017
SAAFoST’s September Congress in Cape Town is taking shape with a number of top calibre local and international speakers confirmed…
Well-known South African business author, Douglas Kruger (below), will talk about outpacing competitors through innovation.
His ideas have been featured on CNBC Africa, he has been published in Forbes and Entrepreneur magazines and his newest book looks at how large organisations can become more agile.
A five-time winner of the Southern African Championships for Public Speaking and a multiple award-winning speaker, his clients include senior management at companies such as MultiChoice, BMW, Liberty and HP.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Fru Nche (Innovations Executive for Tiger Brands, Grains Division) whose presentation is entitled, ‘Fab fad foods: Why consumers are none the wiser on the link between diet and health’.
- Dr Paul Tenning (Director Regulatory Affairs EMEA, DuPont Nutrition and Health) will speak about ‘Novel Foods in EU, GRAS in US and status in South Africa – An overview and comparison of key food legislation’.
- Azmy Azmy (Biotechnology Regulatory Lead, DuPont Nutrition and Health) will give an ‘Update on global regulation and labelling requirements for GM foods’.
- Dr Harris Steinman (CEO of Food & Allergy Consulting and Testing Services [FACTS]) will address the issues of ‘Food fraud, pseudoscience and ethics’.
- Nigel Sunley (Sunley Consulting) will speak on ‘Ultra-processed food – Myth or a viable classification parameter?’ He will also present a second topic: ‘The food industry and the obesity issue – Is there a middle ground?’
For the latest information, or to register before the early bird cut-off on May 31, go to www.saafost2017.org.za
The scientific programme thus far is live! See here for more on the confirmed speakers and their topics: