Food Science and Technology Stuff
In response to growing consumer pressure, Mars announced in February that over the next five years it would replace artificial colours from all its processed human foods with pigments found in natural substances. Here's the story behind this incredibly challenging task..... [A long read. Ed]
If you read science news, you know there’s been a crisis brewing in medicine, psychology, nutrition and other sciences — actually, a full-blown disaster, according to some observers. Evidence is mounting that many well-regarded scientific results are poorly supported by the data, if not flat out wrong. What happened?
Coatings go beyond enhancing flavour, texture and looks - to also serve functional purposes in food, especially when it's frozen. Recent advances in ingredient technology are helping help processors meet emerging needs in battered and coated foods.
More Articles ...
- A magical mushroom powder blocks bitterness in food
- Brazzein boost could pave way for next super sweetener
- MSG under threat in East and West, but for very different reasons
- Baobab is taking the food and beverage industry by storm
- A tomato that can travel and doesn’t taste like cardboard
- IFT 2016: The complicated reality of simple ingredients
- IFT's 2016 Innovation Awards reflect today’s food trends
- Next generation food pigments bridge divide between natural and synthetic