Food Science and Technology Stuff
A prominent theme at the Institute of Food Technologists’ annual meeting and food exposition held July 16-19 in Chicago was clean label. “A frustrating reality” is how one food scientist described the consequences of consumer demand for simple ingredients.
Bavaria Corp, CSIRO and Weber Scientific were honoured on July 17 with Innovation Awards at the Institute of Food Technologists’ annual meeting and food expo that took place July 16-20 in Chicago. The award-winning innovations focused on ingredient technologies, food safety and sustainability.
Salt is at the heart of nearly every food.... and flavour aside, sodium also acts as a powerful natural preservative and helps give things like noodles and bread their satisfying texture. Many governments, most recently the American FDA, thinks we’re getting way too much of it. However, salt reduction in packaged foods is no simple task....
More Articles ...
- ‘May contain nuts’ isn’t good enough: we need a new approach to food allergy testing
- CRISPR's gene editing technology — and how it could revolutionise the food industry
- Farmed fish is not bad for you!
- Why booming demand is making vanilla taste worse
- Rich in antioxidants, purple bread may be new 'superfood'
- Gassier than usual? These functional food ingredients might be why
- Should sprouts come with a warning label?
- Carrageenan fights back as study confirms its safety in food use