Food Science and Technology Stuff
In news just to light, Tuks' Food Science Department (Pretoria University) was last year the lucky recipient of a new SOA hygiene facility donated by PHT SA, the local subsidiary of the global hygiene and technology company headquartered in Germany.
Food giant Nestlé, famed for KitKats, says it has found a way to reduce the amount of sugar in chocolate by as much as 40 percent, a discovery that may give it an edge as food producers face increasing pressure from governments, health advocates and consumers to make products healthier.
When you hear the term “food poisoning” it usually conjures up images of hurried journeys to the toilet and rueful reviews while there of what was eaten the previous day. Was the chicken undercooked or the steak too rare? More likely it was the side salad...
More Articles ...
- Cheese: understanding why we love it or hate it
- Understanding why refrigeration is uncool for tomatoes
- Brand new hue: the quest to create a blue M&M
- Where does bad science come from?
- Scientists put 'five-second rule' to the test
- Getting that crunch, flavour and nutrition: new takes on food coatings
- Slow-melting ice cream ingredient discovered by scientists
- The benefits of air-chilled chicken